VIP Event – SOLD OUT
Pensacola’s Celebrity Chefs will spice up the food and crowds on Saturday at Pensacola Beach’s biggest culinary event in September, and you’re invited! The 9th Annual Taste of the Beach will take place Friday evening, Sept. 23, with a special VIP dinner presented by four Pensacola Beach chefs. And the fun will continue all day Saturday, Sept. 24, with cook offs, cooking demonstrations, a chef challenge, sample tastings and live concerts.
Entry is free for Saturday’s day-long festival, with 22 beach restaurants showcasing their signature dishes for $5 each. The Pensacola Celebrity Chefs — Dan Dunn of H2O at the Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front, Irv Miller of Jackson’s Steakhouse, Jim Shirley of The Fish House, Gus Silivos of Skopelos at New World and Frank Taylor of Global Grill — will take the stage at 1 p.m. to present simultaneous live cooking demonstrations, emceed by Cat Country radio personality Brent Lane.
The festival will also put on chef cooking competitions, a team cook-off, live entertainment and kid-friendly activities. You’ll have so much fun you’ll want to stay the whole day.
Taste of the Beach is a primary off-season festival bringing thousands of locals and visitors to Pensacola Beach and was recently named one of the top 20 events in the Southeast for September by the Southeast Tourism Society.
Friday, Sept. 23rd
An Evening with Pensacola Beach Tastemakers – VIP Dinner
$65 per ticket / Cash Bar – SOLD OUT
6 p.m. An Evening with Pensacola Beach Tastemakers – VIP Dinner – The VIP Dinner will again be held at the Hilton Pensacola Beach Hotel. Guests will sample signature Taste of the Beach cocktails and enjoy specially-created hors d’oeuvres before a beginning a formal “Chef Celebration Meal” and on-stage cooking demonstration presented by four Pensacola Beach chefs:
Chef John Smith of Hemingway’s Island Grill will present Lobster Bisque
Chef Jere Doyle of Crabs We Got ‘Em will present Smoked Lump Crabmeat Over Greens
Chef Dan Dunn of H20 Hilton Pensacola Beach will present Shrimp and Grits
Chef Dennis Moore of Flounder’s Chowder House will present Stuffed Quail
To conclude the VIP dinner, each of the four chefs will present an assortment of desserts for the guests to indulge in.
Saturday, Sept. 24th
Event located at Casino Beach directly south of the only traffic light on Pensacola Beach.
Taste of the Beach is fun for the whole family! The weekend is filled with lots of things to do surrounding the Pensacola Celebrity Chefs cooking demonstration and sampling at 1 p.m. The day is filled with chefs’ challenges, cook-offs, live music, tastings, restaurants’ signature dishes, a frozen zone, dining tent, hospitality tent, kids area, and t-shirt sales and much more starting at 11 a.m!
*** Two ID Checking Stations will be set up on Saturday. Anyone wishing to drink alcoholic beverages will be required to get a wristband.***
*** ATMs on site ***
- 11 a.m. FESTIVAL BEGINS – The festival opens Saturday at 11 a.m. with 22 beach restaurants showcasing their signature dishes for $5 each. The festival, which is centered around the Gulfside Pavilion at Casino Beach, amps up the entertainment with chef demonstrations, cooking competitions and live music.
- 11 a.m. CHEF’S CHALLENGE – The Chef’s Challenge competition starts at 11 a.m. in front of the Gulfside Pavilion Stage. The cooking contest pits five Pensacola Beach and two Downtown Pensacola chefs against each other for the chance to win a cash prize, a trophy and bragging rights for a year.
- Noon VIP COOK-OFF – New this year, Taste of the Beach will present a VIP team division Cook-Off at noon. Local celebrities, beach businesses and civic organizations will compete against each other using surprise ingredients for the chance to win the inaugural Taste of the Beach Cup trophy.
- 1 p.m. CELEBRITY CHEFS DEMONSTRATION – The Pensacola Celebrity Chefs will take the stage at 1 p.m. to present simultaneous live cooking demonstrations, emceed by Brent Lane. Following the demonstrations, festival-goers with pre-purchased wristbands can sample the chefs’ creations. Wristbands are no longer available for purchase. Immediately following will be a Q-and-A session and meet-and-greet.
- Chef Dan Dunn of H2O at the Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front will present Oyster Stew.
- Chef Irv Miller of Jackson’s Steakhouse will present Smoked Mullet Dip.
- Chef Jim Shirley of The Fish House will present Seafood Thai Molee.
- Chef Gus Silivos of Skopelos at New World will present Grilled Octopus with Sun-Roasted Tomatoes and Hummus.
- Chef Frank Taylor of Global Grill will present a Seafood Ceviche.
- 3 p.m. LECTRIK MULLET – The Lectrik Mullet band will entertain the crowd with cover tunes for all ages starting at 3 p.m.
- 5 p.m. TIM SPENCER – Musician Tim Spencer will perform from 5 to 7 p.m.
- 5 p.m. BEER TASTING – Also from 5 to 7 p.m., festival-goers can sample nearly two dozen beers from six different breweries. Wristbands can be purchased here for $12. Wristbands are no longer available for purchase online. A limited number of wristbands will be available at the door.
- 7 p.m. THE MOLLY RINGWALDS – Tagged as “The World’s Greatest ‘80’s Experience,” glam-rock cover band, The Molly Ringwalds, return this year to close out the festival, once again, with a free concert at 7 p.m.
Pensacola Celebrity Chefs
The Pensacola Celebrity Chefs have become the faces of the destination’s culinary scene and lend their talents to a number of year-round local events and festivals. This September the chefs will take the Gulfside Pavilion stage to cook up some coastal recipes, share their favorite tricks of the trade, answer questions and dish out samples of their creations at the annual Taste of the Beach.
The Pensacola Celebrity Chefs include Dan Dunn of H2O at the Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front, Irv Miller of Jackson’s Steakhouse, Jim Shirley of The Fish House, Gus Silivos of Skopelos at New World and Frank Taylor of Global Grill.
The Molly Ringwalds
The “World’s Greatest 80’s Experience” returns to Taste of the Beach this year to once again close out the festival. This legendary quintet has been able to combine their individual and very formidable talents to create the true essence of the most radical decade to ever be called “The 80’s.” The Molly Ringwalds create an 80’s Experience by honing their abilities to apply make-up and tease their hair while showcasing all the musical genres of the decade.
Boogie Inc. is the official DJ entertainment for Taste of the Beach. In addition to playing your favorite songs, Boogie will broadcast all of the festival’s performances stage entertainment onto large, high definition screens located under the dining tent. Have a song request? Boogie will be located at the center of the festival action, near the stage, at the Gulfside Pavilion.
Check back for participant locations, parking and overall logistics. We’ll post up-to-minute additions and changes on social media feeds but most importantly sign up here for email updates.
I want the latest festival buzz