Pensacola Beach Celebrity Chefs will spice up the food and crowds on Saturday at Pensacola Beach’s biggest culinary event in September, and you’re invited!
The 10th Annual Taste of the Beach will take place Friday evening, Sept. 15, with a special VIP dinner presented by five Pensacola Beach chefs. And the fun will continue all day Saturday, Sept. 16, with cook offs, cooking demonstrations, a chef challenge, sample tastings and a live concert.
Entry is free for Saturday’s day-long festival, with 23 beach restaurants showcasing their signature dishes for $5 each. The Pensacola Beach Celebrity Chefs — Jere Doyle of Crabs We Got ‘Em, Dan Dunn of H2O at the Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front, Greg McCarthy of The Grand Marlin, Dennis Moore of Flounder’s Chowder House, and John Smith of Hemingway’s Island Grill — will take the stage at 1 p.m. to present simultaneous live cooking demonstrations, emceed by Cat Country radio personality Brent Lane.
The festival will also put on chef cooking competitions, a team cook-off, live entertainment and kid-friendly activities. You’ll have so much fun you’ll want to stay the whole day.
Taste of the Beach is a primary off-season festival bringing thousands of locals and visitors to Pensacola Beach and was recently named one of the top 20 events in the Southeast for September by the Southeast Tourism Society.
Friday, Sept. 15th
$75 per ticket / Cash Bar
6 p.m. The Taste of the Beach VIP Dinner will again be held at the Hilton Pensacola Beach Hotel. Guests will sample specially-created hors d’oeuvres before beginning a formal five-course meal with wine pairings. Once the dinner begins, five Pensacola Beach chefs will individually take the stage to present a short cooking demonstration. Tickets are $75 each. Limited tickets are available.
Saturday, Sept. 16th
Event located at Casino Beach directly south of the only traffic light on Pensacola Beach.
Taste of the Beach is fun for the whole family! The weekend is filled with lots of things to do surrounding the Pensacola Beach Celebrity Chefs cooking demonstration and sampling at 1 p.m. The day is filled with chefs’ challenges, cook-offs, live music, tastings, restaurants’ signature dishes, a frozen zone, dining tent, hospitality tent, kids area, and t-shirt sales and much more starting at 10:30 a.m!
*** Two ID Checking Stations will be set up on Saturday. Anyone wishing to drink alcoholic beverages will be required to get a wristband.***
*** ATMs on site ***
- 10:30 a.m. FESTIVAL BEGINS – The festival opens Saturday at 10:30 a.m. with 23 beach restaurants showcasing their signature dishes for $5 each. The festival, which is centered around the Gulfside Pavilion at Casino Beach, amps up the entertainment with chef demonstrations, cooking competitions and live music.
- 10:30 a.m. TEAM CHALLENGE – Taste of the Beach will present a VIP team division Cook-Off at noon. Local celebrities, beach businesses and civic organizations will compete against each other using surprise ingredients for the chance to win the Taste of the Beach Cup trophy.
- 11 a.m. SIGNATURE DRINK DEMO – The winning bartender from the Taste of the Beach Signature Drink Contest will demonstrate making his/her winning cocktail.
- 11:30 a.m. CHEF’S CHALLENGE – The Chef’s Challenge competition starts at 11 a.m. in front of the Gulfside Pavilion Stage. The cooking contest pits a group of Pensacola Beach chefs against each other for the chance to win a cash prize, a trophy and bragging rights for a year.
- 1 p.m. CELEBRITY CHEFS DEMONSTRATION – The Pensacola Celebrity Chefs will take the stage at 1 p.m. to present simultaneous live cooking demonstrations, emceed by Brent Lane. Following the demonstrations, festival-goers with pre-purchased wristbands can sample the chefs’ creations. Immediately following will be a Q-and-A session and meet-and-greet.
- Chef Jere Doyle of Crabs We Got ‘Em
- Chef Dan Dunn of H2O at the Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front
- Chef Gregg McCarthy of The Grand Marlin of Pensacola Beach
- Chef Dennis Moore of Flounder’s Chowder House
- Chef John Smith of Hemingway’s Island Grill
- 5 p.m. BEER TASTING – From 5 to 7 p.m., festival-goers can sample nearly two dozen beers from six different breweries. Wristbands can be purchased here for $12. A limited number of wristbands will be available at the door.
- 7 p.m. LIVE CONCERT
Check back for participant locations, parking and overall logistics. We’ll post up-to-minute additions and changes on social media feeds but most importantly sign up here for email updates.
I want the latest festival buzz