Pensacola Beach Celebrity Chefs will spice up the food and crowds on Saturday at Pensacola Beach’s biggest culinary event in September, and you’re invited!
Entry is free for Saturday’s day-long festival, with 23 beach restaurants showcasing their signature dishes for $5 each. The Pensacola Beach Celebrity Chefs — Jere Doyle of Crabs We Got ‘Em, Dan Dunn of H2O at the Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front, Greg McCarthy of The Grand Marlin, Dennis Moore of Flounder’s Chowder House, and John Smith of Hemingway’s Island Grill — will take the stage at 1 p.m. to present simultaneous live cooking demonstrations, emceed by Cat Country radio personality Brent Lane.
The festival will also put on chef cooking competitions, a team cook-off and a free concert by White Tie Rock Ensemble. You’ll have so much fun you’ll want to stay the whole day.
Taste of the Beach is a primary off-season festival bringing thousands of locals and visitors to Pensacola Beach and was recently named one of the top 20 events in the Southeast for September by the Southeast Tourism Society.
Saturday, Sept. 16th
Event located at Casino Beach directly south of the only traffic light on Pensacola Beach.
Taste of the Beach is fun for the whole family! The weekend is filled with lots of things to do surrounding the Pensacola Beach Celebrity Chefs cooking demonstration and sampling at 1 p.m. The day is filled with chefs’ challenges, cook-offs, live music, tastings, restaurants’ signature dishes, a frozen zone, dining tent, hospitality tent, and t-shirt sales and much more starting at 10:30 a.m!
*** Two ID Checking Stations will be set up on Saturday. Anyone wishing to drink alcoholic beverages will be required to get a wristband.***
*** ATMs on site ***
- 10:30 a.m. FESTIVAL BEGINS – The festival opens Saturday at 10:30 a.m. with 23 beach restaurants showcasing their signature dishes for $5 each. The festival, which is centered around the Gulfside Pavilion at Casino Beach, amps up the entertainment with chef demonstrations, cooking competitions and live music.
- 10:30 a.m. TEAM CHALLENGE – Taste of the Beach will present a VIP team division Cook-Off. Local celebrities, beach businesses and civic organizations will compete against each other using surprise ingredients for the chance to win the Taste of the Beach Cup trophy.
- 11:30 a.m. CHEF’S CHALLENGE – The Chef’s Challenge competition starts at 11:30 a.m. in front of the Gulfside Pavilion Stage. The cooking contest pits a group of Pensacola Beach restaurant chefs against each other for the chance to win a cash prize, a trophy and bragging rights for a year. Chef’s Challenge participants:
- Casino Beach Bar & Grill
- Crabs We Got ‘Em
- Flounder’s Chowder House
- Hemingway’s Island Grill
- Peg Leg Pete’s
- The Grand Marlin
- 1 p.m. CELEBRITY CHEFS DEMONSTRATION – The Pensacola Celebrity Chefs will take the stage at 1 p.m. to present simultaneous live cooking demonstrations, emceed by Brent Lane. Following the demonstrations, festival-goers with pre-purchased wristbands can sample the chefs’ creations. Immediately following will be a Q-and-A session and meet-and-greet. Chef Sampling wristbands can be purchased for $20.
- Chef Jere Doyle of Crabs We Got ‘Em: Apalachicola Oysters on the half shell topped with a red snapper and gulf shrimp ceviche.
- Chef Dan Dunn of H2O at the Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front: Fried Mullet Tacos; (Fresh Fried Sand Fleas for a funny treat).
- Chef Josh Warner of The Grand Marlin of Pensacola Beach: Grilled Scottish Salmon, brown sugar soy glazed bacon, lettuce, tomato, wasabi mayo served on a toasted ciabatta.
- Chef Dennis Moore of Flounder’s Chowder House: Cold poached Gulf Shrimp, buckwheat noodles, Dash and mirin broth crisp vegetable salad.
- Chef John Smith of Hemingway’s Island Grilll: Jamaican Bread Pudding.
- 5 p.m. BEER TASTING – From 5 to 7 p.m., festival-goers can sample nearly two dozen beers from six different breweries. Wristbands can be purchased here for $12. A limited number of wristbands will be available at the door.
- 7 p.m. LIVE CONCERT by White Tie Rock Ensemble – From 7 to 9:30 p.m. Prepare to get your Classic Rock fix on Saturday night at 7 p.m. when White Tie Rock Ensemble takes the stage to end the 10th annual Taste of the Beach festival. White Tie is an ambitious group of local musicians that combine classic rock hits by artists such as Journey, Aerosmith, Van Halen and The Eagles with the precision and detail of a symphony orchestra, creating the ultimate music experience. White Tie delivers a performance that revives the classic with the added dimension of a multimedia presentation. These dynamic elements combine to produce the unforgettable White Tie sound.
- The White Tie Rock Ensemble concert will begin at 7 p.m. on the Gulfside Pavillion stage. The concert is free to the public, but a limited number of VIP seating tickets will be sold for $30 each. The VIP area will be cordoned off and will be general admission for ticket holders. Tickets are $30 each. Please note that no coolers or extra chairs will be allowed in the VIP area.
- 9:30 p.m. FESTIVAL ENDS
Hydrate! Refillable souvenir water tumblers available for $5 with unlimited refills.
Taste of the Beach proud to provide an eco-friendly option to bottled water. The Gulf Breeze High School Swim Team will be selling tumblers for $5 each and offering unlimited water refills in the tumblers. Special thanks to the Pensacola Beach Advocates for providing the water supply.
Tumblers are available in a variety of colors and are sponsored by the following:
• Bamboo Willies • Santa Rosa Island Authority • Resort Quest • Sandshaker Lounge • Springhill Suites – Pensacola Beach • Gulf Breeze Animal Hospital • Gulf Breeze Natural Gas
I want the latest festival buzz