Pensacola Beach chefs will spice up the food and crowds on Saturday, September 15, at Pensacola Beach’s biggest culinary event of the year, and you’re invited!
The 11th annual Taste of the Beach will take place Friday evening, Sept. 7, with a special VIP dinner presented by five Pensacola Beach chefs. The following weekend, the fun will continue all day, Saturday, Sept. 16, with cook offs, cooking demos, a chef challenge, an amateur challenge, sample tastings and a live concert.
Entry for Saturday’s day-long festival is free, with more than 20 beach restaurants showcasing their signature dishes for $5 each.
The festival begins with a professional chef cook-off competition starting at 11 a.m. and doesn’t slow down from there. Later in the day, simultaneous live cooking demonstrations will begin, so be sure to purchase a food-sampling wristband.
The festival will also put on a team cook-off, live entertainment, crab races and kid-friendly activities. You’ll have so much fun you’ll want to stay the whole day.
Taste of the Beach is a primary off-season festival bringing thousands of locals and visitors to Pensacola Beach and was recently named one of the top 20 events it the Southeast for September by the Southeast Tourism Society.
Saturday, Sept. 15th
Event located at Casino Beach directly south of the only traffic light on Pensacola Beach.
Taste of the Beach is fun for the whole family! The weekend is filled with lots of things to do surrounding the Pensacola Beach Celebrity Chefs cooking demonstration and sampling at 1 p.m. The day is filled with chefs’ challenges, cook-offs, live music, tastings, restaurants’ signature dishes, a frozen zone, dining tent, hospitality tent, kids area, and t-shirt sales and much more starting at 11 a.m!
Admission is FREE, however no outside coolers or outside food and drink are allowed.
*** ATMs on site ***
- 11:00 a.m. FESTIVAL BEGINS – The festival opens Saturday at 11 a.m. with more than 20 beach restaurants showcasing their signature dishes for $5 each. The festival, which is centered around the Gulfside Pavilion at Casino Beach, amps up the entertainment with chef demonstrations, cooking competitions and live music.
- 11:00 a.m. CHEF’S CHALLENGE – The Chef’s Challenge competition starts at 11 a.m. around the Gulfside Pavilion Stage. The cooking contest pits a group of Pensacola Beach chefs against each other for the chance to win a cash prize, a trophy and bragging rights for a year.
- 11:45 a.m. TEAM CHALLENGE – Taste of the Beach will present a VIP team division Cook-Off at noon. Local celebrities, beach businesses and civic organizations will compete against each other using surprise ingredients for the chance to win the Taste of the Beach Cup trophy.
- 1 p.m. FEATURED CHEFS DEMONSTRATION – A group of Pensacola Beach restaurant chefs will present simultaneous live cooking demonstrations at 1 p.m., emceed by Brent Lane. Following the demonstrations, festival-goers with pre-purchased wristbands can sample the chefs’ creations. Immediately following will be a Q-and-A session and meet-and-greet.
- 4:00 p.m. CRAB RACING
- 5:00 p.m. BEER TASTING – Festival-goers can sample nearly two dozen beers from six different breweries. Wristbands can be purchased here for $15. A limited number of wristbands will be available at the door.
- 7:00 p.m. LIVE CONCERT – Pop Fiction takes the stage to end the 11th annual Taste of the Beach festival on Saturday night. Hailing from Jackson, Mississippi, Pop Fiction band members Joey Tannehill, Daniel Adams, Sam Green, Josh Arnold and Aubrey Walker re-imagine modern pop, rock, dance and hip-hop classics hits you love!
- 9:30 p.m. FESTIVAL CLOSES
I want the latest festival buzz